Our Junior Golf Development Program
Saturday Morning and Tuesday afternoon training at our driving range is the starting point for new players wishing to learn the game.
Matt Barrett our PGA Club Professional and other experienced staff and players are on hand to teach the fundamentals of golf.
As the players progress in skill level they are invited to play on the course for nine holes of golf or less holes on a Sunday morning or Friday afternoon.
From this development we encourage the junior golfer to join the club. From here we progress the player to be able to play 18 holes in our club competitions. A junior membership is only $30 per year and there social play on the course is free each time.
Our weekly program consists of:
- Tuesday afternoons (introduction stage)
- Non Daylight saving months is a clinic at the Golf Driving Range from 3.30 to 4.30pm cost is $15 includes equipment, range balls and coaching.
- Daylight saving months is golf at the club consisting of 3 to 6 holes playing the course and learning the game from 3.30 to 5.00pm.Cost is $15 which includes coaching and assistance around the course and equipment if required.
- Friday afternoons (intermediate stage)
- Non Daylight savings months are a clinic from 4 to 5 pm at either the club or range. There is no cost to this coaching session but we do require the junior to be a member of the club.
- Daylight saving months is playing on the course with Matt our Club professional learning course management. This runs from 4 to 6pm. There is no cost to this but we do require the junior to be a member of the club.
- Saturday morning (introduction stage)
- All year we have a golf clinic at the Golf Driving Range from 9 to 10am. Cost is $15 which includes equipment, range balls and coaching.
- Sunday morning (all stages)
- Sunday morning is our junior golf competition. All juniors are encouraged to participate although players must have a reasonable level of competency. Play is from 8am. This can be subject to availability from major golf competitions.
- Individual coaching.
- Private one on one coaching is available to junior members with Matt Barrett and his team. They are 30 minute lessons and are free to all junior members. One lesson per month is available by appointment.
- School Holiday coaching
- Each school holidays is an intensive multiple days coaching sessions that included practise and play under the instruction of Matt our professional and his team. This can vary from each school holiday but best to check with the pro shop on what's on.
Email Matt on firstname.lastname@example.org for any help and assistance.
We also have an information newsletter that goes out and if you would like to receive this each month please click here to register to Join our Junior news and info about whats happening in junior golf, click here